Even though my sleep/wake schedule is still a wreck, I have been happy about how the quarter has been going. I love the subject of writing and books, I am getting better at it, and my creative writing class is a complete blast. The downside is that I never really fit myself into a group when I moved to Davis, and I did this for a reason. I sacrificed a social life for my studies. I paid the price for being at the top of the class. I didn’t feel too bad because I knew all along the town is specifically designed for young people, but that is not an excuse. I could have been more social, but I let my persistence for good grades run everything about my life, and hopefully that will pay off. I spent the rest of my time either sleeping or resting while watching movies, but I know all too well how much I miss being a part of a bigger group. When I had a job, I felt this, and it felt good. I miss it. At any rate, the specter of change that follows me around assures me that something new is right around the corner, no matter how much trepidation I feel about the matter.
Aside from non-digital life, however, there’s the internet, and with the internet comes internet friends, one of which I am extending a fine thank you for urging me to post by mentioning me under the Stylish Blogger post at her blog, Mrs. Mary Warner from the WooWooTeacup Journal. Thanks Mary!! While I am to write seven “things” (love the ambiguity here) about myself, I don’t have the power to tag seven people because I don’t know seven other bloggers; maybe I know some, but they’ve deleted their blogs or we don’t associate with each other anymore. So without further adieu:
7 Things About Myself
1. The other day, when going over my requirements for completion, counselor L.J. remarked, “And as usual, all your stuff is in order and ahead of time.” I guess that means when matters are important to me, I have a tendency to be precise and competent about getting them done.
2. I still intend on passing on my genes so that the bloodline will continue; plus, I just love kids.
3. I have this thing about me such that, even when I screw up royally, people still offer to invite me and have me around. I’m very lucky in some of my friendships.
4. I still, pervasively and unchangeably, have gothic genre tendencies; the ghost story continues to dominate my ideas when I approach a writing project.
5. When I have the chance to sleep, I take it, and I seem to wake up in the strangest positions compared from how I feel asleep.
6. Everything I own seems meticulously documented and stored; all items of life are tidy and neatly put away.
7. I like easy going, relaxed people who aren’t judgmental and cocky snobs about how every second of life is supposed to operate.
That was rigorous. I had trouble thinking of seven things about me. I wonder what the underlying theme there is.